Now is the best time to start researching, saving money and locking in great rates to an exotic island paradise … or Europe … or on a cruise ship. “You can never start too soon in researching and planning for your next summer trip,” says Peg Haskins, co-owner of Viking Travel Service. Some destinations require booking months in advance, “so it’s important to start early,” she says.
Here are a few reasons why you should start planning your summer vacation right now.
1. Early birds get the best values. Some resorts, destinations and cruise lines offer more for your money
when you book in advance.
2. Some travel opportunities offer an option to put down a small deposit, and pay the remainder over time,
interest-free. The earlier you book, the more time you have to pay.
3. If traveling with a group you'll have a better chance of being together...seats on a flight, cabins on a
cruise, rooms at a resort.
4. Working ahead will give you the best chance of getting your first choice.
5. A Big Plus! You’ll have something to look forward to! Anticipation is half the enjoyment. The sooner you
plan, the longer you'll have to sit back, relax and look forward to your trip.